Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening NOW!!!

Retirement section of Turbo tax is asking if I contributed to my IRA in 2017. If my company made all of the contributions, do I answer 0$

My company contributes a portion of my salary to my IRA.  No matching of funds, just a straight up percentage of my salary is deposited in my IRA.  If those are the only funds deposited (no extra from me) then I select 0$ when asked how much "I" contributed to my IRA.  Correct?

If contributions to a retirement plan were made from your wages, then it has already been entered when you entered the information from your W-2.  Do not enter it again.