turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bgasper3

Why was I asked to "Check an entry" of a K-40PT form during the final review portion? This form in no way pertains to me, and I was unable to e-file because of it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

Why was I asked to "Check an entry" of a K-40PT form during the final review portion? This form in no way pertains to me, and I was unable to e-file because of it.

If you are sure that you should not claim the credit on form K-40PT, you can try to delete the form and see if that fixes the issue in the Review.

*** Desktop***

1. go to View (at the top), choose Forms, and select the desired form (K-40PT). Note the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.

*** Online ***

1. go to Tax Tools (on the left), and navigate to Tools->Delete a form

2. delete form(s) K-40PT

If that doesn't address your in the Review, come back and tell us.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same issue and the form K-40PT is not listed to delete under tools online.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Form K-40PT is a Property Tax Relief Claim form for low income seniors.   Are you intending on including the claim in your return?   If not, try deleting that form (use this link if using the desktop software) and see if you can file.   And if you are trying to include it, go back through that section in the Kansas return.  The error may be referring to K-40H instead of the K-40PT, so go through the homestead credit section and make sure you only have one (either K-40 H or K-40 PT) and that one is correct. 

Kansas has 2 property tax credits available:

1. The Homestead Refund is a rebate program for the property taxes paid by homeowners.  (K-40H)
  2. SAFESR is a property tax refund program administered under the provisions of the Kansas Homestead Act (property tax refund). SAFESR is also referred to as, "Kansas Property Tax Relief for Low Income Seniors".  (K-40PT)

A claimant may receive either a Homestead or a SAFESR refund but not both.   

Homestead Refund - this link explains both Kansas credits  @iamthesparky2905

Form K-40PT is being required even when it has not been entered. You cannot delete it from your return if you haven't filled it in for any reason. Yet, the software still requires it.

Please fix the form validation on Form K-40PT. The software is incorrectly requiring an entry on Line B of the Property Tax Paid/Due Smart Worksheet even when nothing else is filled in and form is not even part of the return.

This is a bug. It can only be bug. Stop giving us work arounds that don't work and bug an engineer or a product manager until they fix and release an update.

jg90

I was having this same issue. It kept asking me to enter an appraised property value for this form, but I'm no where near the age requirement to file this form and TurboTax should know that.

I was able to delete the form once I entered 0 for the appraisal value it then appeared in the delete forms list.

So that might be a work around until they fix what is obviously a bug.

EDIT: in the end this did not work either, when doing a final review before filing turbotax still brings it up again that this form has an error.

gwoessner

I am having same issue. I can't move forward at all

gwoessner

Website support says enter $0 for this section and that it is a bug that will be resolved on 04/23

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/kansas-check-this-entry-form-k-40pt-appraised-prop...

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Some Kansas customers are experiencing an error message around the Appraised Property Value on Form K-40PT.     The current solution is to enter '0' for the appraisal value. 

We expect this issue to be resolved by 04/23/21.    If you’d like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here.

@gwoessner   -  Another option - Can I file my federal taxes now and skip my state for later?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies