turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to download 1099Rs from TIAA TY2021, forms not available?

I called TIAA about this but they suggested it was a TurboTax problem and I should contact them.  Seems like the forms ought to be available by now, less than a month until taxes due?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you are having trouble importing your Form 1099-R then you can enter the form manually:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on "Search" on the top right and type “1099-R”
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R”
  4. On the "Let's import your tax info" screen click "Change how I enter my form"
  5. On the "How do you want to enter your 1099‑R?" screen click "Type it in myself"

If you still need additional help then please see What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I know how to enter them manually.  But I have seven of them and I don't want to enter them manually.  I want the software that I paid for to function like it is advertised, or have someone explain what i am doing wrong.

JillS56
Expert Alumni

Have you tried the instructions provided by @DanaB27?  If this did not work, it may be that TIAA has not made them available for download and you will have to enter them manually.

Can you provide a link to the instructions?  If you are referring to the reply above, it only tells me how to enter manually.  I know this already.

JillS56
Expert Alumni

Step number 4 below gives instructions to import:

Here's how to enter your 1099-R:

1. Open (continue) your return, if you don't already have it open
  2. Locate the Search bar by the magnifying glass icon. Search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results
  3. Answer Yes on the Did you get a 1099-R? screen
    • If you land on the Review your 1099-R info screen instead, select Add Another 1099-R
  4. Answer any questions until you get to the screen Let's import your tax info. Here you can choose how you want to enter your 1099-R:
    • If your financial institution is a TurboTax 1099 partner, you can import your form. Select your institution from the list and enter your sign-in credentials, then select Get my form to start the import process
    • If you prefer to upload your 1099-R or type in the info yourself, select Change how I enter my form. On the next screen, select your preferred entry method
  5. Continue answering the questions to enter or review the info from your 1099-R

Where do I enter my 1099-R

I don't want to be rude but are you actually reading what I am saying??  I follow all these steps and this is what I get.

image.png

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Usually when we see these types of messages (despite the financial institution) it usually means that the financial institution has not yet made the forms available for import. TIAA is definitely an approved Turbo Tax import partner;  I would suggest contacting them again and see if you get different feedback.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks.  I did contact them but they suggested contacting TurboTax.  I received paper forms back in Jan or Feb so I dont know why they wouldnt be downloadable by now.  There have been other similar posts from different years that implied it was an issue on the TT end.  Also I have had other support folks confirm this.

Me too.  Same problem with TT downloading 1099's from TIAA.  After 20 minutes on hold, TT disconnected and sent me the attached message!!!!  problem NOT resolved!Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.10.57 PM.png

I ended up punching in all the forms manually.  Which I used to do anyway ... but annoying considering they advertise the ability to download and it doesnt work.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies