cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

We received FormSSA-1099-Social Security Benefit Statement. Where do we input this info?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

We received FormSSA-1099-Social Security Benefit Statement. Where do we input this info?

To enter your Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button

Then depending on other income on the return TurboTax will compute if any of the Social Security is taxable income. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

To enter your Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button

Then depending on other income on the return TurboTax will compute if any of the Social Security is taxable income. 

View solution in original post

I got a social security form SSA-1099

Highlighted
Level 15

Did you even read the answers already given in this thread that tell you where to enter a SSA1099? Do not try to enter your SSA1099 or RR1099RB as a W-2. Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**