turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mmlautt

RMD? Box 11 on 1099-R in is NOT checked. Get monthly pension from California Public Employees' Retirement System. How do I answer the question?

Have no idea about RMD and the questions asked do NOT help me to know Will appreciate helping me as I am 91 and this is so confusing for me.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

RMD? Box 11 on 1099-R in is NOT checked. Get monthly pension from California Public Employees' Retirement System. How do I answer the question?

It is most likely an RMD. Once you reach the right age, plan administrators calculate these amounts for you. The monthly distribution is a key factor.

Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) generally are minimum amounts that a retirement plan account owner must withdraw annually starting with the year that he or she reaches 72 (70 ½ if you reach 70 ½ before January 1, 2020), if later, the year in which he or she retires. However, if the retirement plan account is an IRA or the account owner is a 5% owner of the business sponsoring the retirement plan, the RMDs must begin once the account holder is age 72 (70 ½ if you reach 70 ½ before January 1, 2020), regardless of whether he or she is retired

TLCosta
Returning Member

My mother in law is 76, receives California Public  Employees' Retirement System money monthly.  is this considered RMD?  In box 11 it says 1st year of desig Roth contrib.

jjfroobs2

The answer is very vague???

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Since you are over the age where required minimum distributions (RMD) are required, you should answer "yes" to the question regarding your distribution being a required minumum distribution.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies