turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Fed return was just rejected along with my two state returns saying I have a duplicate 1099-Rs. I actually have two 1099-Rs with the same amount for two states. Help!

Both 1099-Rs are from Fidelity and identical in dollar amount due to our change of residency in the middle of the year.  The only difference is the state withholding on each one, with one being for Colorado and one for Georgia, and the account numbers on each.  

The IRS is recognizing this as a duplicate when it's actually not.  Any advice?  I'd rather not mail in my tax return.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My Fed return was just rejected along with my two state returns saying I have a duplicate 1099-Rs. I actually have two 1099-Rs with the same amount for two states. Help!

If the only difference between the two 1099-R's is the state tax information, just include both states on one 1099-R and delete the second 1099-R.

MLK_Dun

I am having the same issue with the duplicate 1099-Rs.  I also have 2 transactions for the same amount.  Any help is appreciated.

@MLK_Dun wrote:

I am having the same issue with the duplicate 1099-Rs.  I also have 2 transactions for the same amount.  Any help is appreciated.

Subtract $0.01 cent from one Form 1099-R and add $0.01 cent to the other Form 1099-R.

MLK_Dun

Thank you.  I tried the IRS customer help line and they hang up because the wait is too long!  I have used turbo tax since 1980's and this is the first time I have ever had a problem!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies