Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I received an early withdrawal of my retirement account due to COVID. When will software be updated to include IRS laws for this?

Are they going to fix it?! Intuit needs to fix this ASAP!! Why should I have to file with paper and do this manually when I already paid $$ for TurboTax?! Who can I contact to make sure this gets done?

I received an early withdrawal of my retirement account due to COVID. When will software be updated to include IRS laws for this?

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thank you macuser_22!!

Update: After being on  hold for an hour and a half, waiting for a tech person, finally a ticket was written up by a tech agent. She said they are aware of the problem and are currently working on it. That I should check back in a week. Ugh.  I was hoping to get my taxes done within the week. This does not look good for TurboTax. Not impressed. They should be on top of these software issues. I also tried deleting all four 1099-R's and putting them in again. Now it says I have refund of over $2000 rather than owing over $3000. The whole area seems messed up. Wouldn't download all 4 from Fidelity either. That kept glitching too. ☹️

Still looking for this update? Other tax software already has this fix installed. Thanks

@navflier51 wrote:

Still looking for this update? Other tax software already has this fix installed. Thanks

You are tagging onto a year old thread about the 8915-E for which was a 2020 only form.   

The new 8915-F for is currently scheduled for the 3/31 update.

If you need to report the carry forward part of a 2020 distribution on your 2021 tax then that will be on the new 8915-F form that will be available with the 3/24/22 update.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies