Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a 1099 from Robinhood and Turbotax continuously asks me to review entries in 1099-B. Once I review, it asks me to review again.

How do I fix whatever problem it seems to detect? There does not seem to be any entries wrong.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

I received a 1099 from Robinhood and Turbotax continuously asks me to review entries in 1099-B. Once I review, it asks me to review again.

To resolve the 1099-B unknown error issue, your options include:

• Delete the Robinhood import and re-upload it.
  • Robinhood is known to invest in stocks, options, ETF's,  as well as for offering crypto trading. If any of your transactions include cryptocurrency, try entering any cryptocurrency separately. 
    • The IRS Form 8949 has separate reporting when investments have been sold and the transactions were not reported on Form 1099-B.
    • The transactions are reported on Form 8949 with Box C checked for Short-term and Box F checked for Long-Term Transactions.
      • from the Left Menu>Federal>Wages & Income>
      • Add more income>Scroll down to Investment Income>
      • Cryptocurrency click Start
  • Submitting the return as-is with the error if you do not see anything to correct

I have the same situation with the robinhood import. I did basically follow the steps mentioned above, but still I can't submit it (keep asking me to review). Could you get us more support for this matter? Thanks!

I am having the same issue. I deleted it and re-imported and happened again. Is this because I am not giving it enough time to fully import? 

tnomriks

Same thing here. Basically, if you have a Box C transaction (short-term not reported), TurboTax will continuously ask you to review it whatever you do. So it looks like there is a bug in TurboTax where Robinhood import is not supported if there are any Box C transactions. The instructions provided above do not help.

Has anyone figured out a solution? I just ran into this today.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You need to review your brokerage statement and confirm the basis and time periods. The program wants all answers to be in one of these categories.

• short term covered
  • short term non-covered
  • long term covered
  • long term non-covered
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
aaltaay2

Same issue. No solution yet. Been over a month. I'm paying Turbotax $240 to file my taxes. When is this bug going to get fixed? I removed the import and tried again, removed entries, but same issue.

@aaltaay2 

IF you are paying $240, then you are using one of the paid versions.

And if using the ONLINE software...check the following

IF, you are using one of the Online LIVE versions, then you can get detailed personal help thru an actual trained tax agent....and people using LIVE should do this..you are paying for personal help (and what we do here is mostly offline help that can't do everything):

Only if you are using an Online LIVE version, connect with a LIVE agent:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/expert-review/help/how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-...

IF it is one of the regular versions, you can call Customer Service a Rep to see what they can do at:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies