Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ehkerropi

I'm getting this message that "We're still working on updates related to Retirement Distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief." I can't e-file NY.

What is happening?  As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong.  It just flags it so that it won't let me e-file.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

I'm getting this message that "We're still working on updates related to Retirement Distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief." I can't e-file NY.

I have the same issue and have not received any response.  I'm at a loss, if you get an answer let me know.

I am having the same issue.  I filed my federal forms, but am blocked from filing NY State with the error on the Pensions/Annuities/IRA worksheet.

same issue here. 

I'm getting the same message, please advise 🙂

I reached out to Turbo Tax on Facebook and they told me this:

BB69B644-025B-4301-AD4A-D2B0AEB0B8E8.jpeg

I got off a support call with them about 2 hours ago. They thought it would be covered in a 3/11 update but were not exactly certain. It's still an open ticket with them.

I opened a case with them as well, and spoke to customer service yesterday. All I was told was they are aware of issues happening with certain states and its being worked on and an update will be available once it is complete. Said probably another week, maybe 2......

Same here

@Curtid33 

I was told March 18, 2021 NYS issues should be fixed and ready. So, who knows...

I just downloaded 3/11 update which includes NY state. 

Message is gone. However, now there is a new message, it requires to e-file Federal return even though it was transmitted before. So, I still can not transmit to NY state!

@tdoga 

I got the same exact message...I filed the federal over a week ago and now this disaster message.... What a joke...

ldyoung71
Returning Member

I am getting the same message but for a Missouri form (MO-A).  Since I was trying to file both Missouri and Federal electronically, I am unable to file either.  However, I did notice there was an update today to the software.  But the only change i see now is that it changed my amount due to Missouri by a significant amount and still gives me the error message.  How can I actually talk to someone on the phone about this issue?

Same issue, NY COVID error is gone, but it wants you to e-file Federal with the State. The previous page even confirmed that my Federal was previously e-filed.  Disaster!

@gmalin99 

I was on the phone for over an hour with support and shocker, no resolution.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies