turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

judybug68

I get social security direct deposit into my bank. I began turbo tax to get my Stimulus money. I have not received my 1200 . Did me starting this hold up my 1200??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

I get social security direct deposit into my bank. I began turbo tax to get my Stimulus money. I have not received my 1200 . Did me starting this hold up my 1200??

Social security recipients are on the list to receive a stimulus payment, deposited directly to the same bank account your social security payment is deposited.  So, if you received an SSA-1099 form, you are already on the list to get a stimulus payment and don't need to do anything else.

Starting the TurboTax product did not affect your stimulus payment.  Stimulus payments for some Social Security recipients are still in process.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I get SS and the $1200 stimulus went right into my bank account.  This year, I am still waiting for the $600 stimulus.  I no longer need to file income tax since SS is my only income.....should I be concerned that I have not gotten it yet.?

IsabellaG
Employee Tax Expert

Here's where you can check the status of your stimulus payment.

I do that and I keep getting the following message"  Payment #2 Status - Not Available
We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
You're not eligible for a payment.
For more information about why you're receiving this message, see our Frequently Asked Questions.

not sure what I need to do..other than just sit tight and wait

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Sit tight! We are happy to share that stimulus payments began to be deposited starting January 8th and will continue through January 15.  Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account that you received your 2019 tax refund. As you did not have a 2019 refund, I am not sure how you are affected.

For more information about stimulus payments, please go here

If for some reason you do not receive your stimulus, you can file a tax return. We are waiting for guidance on how that will work or if the IRS will open a portal for those like you that do not need to file. The IRS does not begin accepting returns until January 25 so all stimulus should have been received by then.

@jedsews

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies