turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rett
Level 2

I do not understand how the number on line 25b was calculated (fed tax withheld on form 1099). It differs from my calculation. What do I do now before filing ?

I believe there is an error on my turbotax return computed by turbotax.  How do I get that number on line 25b verified before filing ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I do not understand how the number on line 25b was calculated (fed tax withheld on form 1099). It differs from my calculation. What do I do now before filing ?

Add up all your 1099 box 4.  And any Social Security SSA-1099 withholding.  You have entered one wrong or in the wrong place.  Is 25a withholding right?

Right, be sure to check your data entry for misplaced commas or decimals, or extra zeroes.

rett
Level 2

I figured it out on my own.

Thank you & good by.

Steven-J

I have the same issue. Turbotax 2020 line 25b 1099-R does not add up my taxes withheld properly.

I have spent an hour reviewing my entries in Turbotax; they are correct.

Thoughts?

maybe your own records are mistaken.

You have to report the amounts showing on your 1099-R(s).

Did you import your 1099R or manually enter them?  They might have imported wrong or you also entered it again.  If you print out your return with all the worksheets there should be a sheet for each 1099R that was entered.  Did you get those?

Here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center, where you can also get the worksheets.

Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section Your Tax Returns & Documents for 2020, look for a link Add a State.  Click on Add a State.  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)

After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.

Then choose Print, save, view this year's return.

The next screen should offer some options:  Just my tax returns or include government worksheets (optional), or include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies