Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am getting an error message that qualified coop payments should not be more than total gross receipts. However, my qualified coop payments are zero. What can I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

26 Replies

I am getting an error message that qualified coop payments should not be more than total gross receipts. However, my qualified coop payments are zero. What can I do?

I had the same issue, unfortunately the only way around this is to put your income under coop as well (even though that is wrong) and attach a note on the form description this is an error on the form.  Once I did that I was able to submit my form electronically.

jroquemo

how did you attach explanation? Separate sheet of paper, write directly on form, or what?

LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

I recommend leaving the Coop section blank.  Also, there should be no allocation of expenses  to Coop Payments.  If an allocation is present on the expense side, this would generate the error in the program.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sorry but that doesn't work, I am getting the error again this year as well.   I have a net business loss.  This form is broken and I am trying to figure out yet another work around for this year.

I just put it in the popup form description, but this year it is not working and I am trying to figure out the work around.

Has anyone found the solution?  I am getting this error as well doesn't seem to apply to my consulting business and I too had a loss... so no income (should be zero) but it isn't allowing that 

Corrected error by selecting NO box at top of schedule C: Is this activity a qualified trade business under [removed]?

***BE ADVISED I'M NOT A TAX ATTORNEY NOR A CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANT***

rarara
Returning Member

How do you go about selecting NO box at the top of Schedule C ? 

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Which NO box do you mean?

@rarara

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

In Forms view: Schedule C | Profit Loss From Business (Sole Proprietorship).

First question under Name of Proprietor and SSN, "Is this activity a qualified trade or business under Section 199A?" It has a Yes and No select option. TT Step-by-Step was automatically selecting Yes; once I selected NO in Forms view, the qualified coop payment error was resolved. I researched Section 199A confirming my business did not qualify under Section 199A. Cheers!

tvin

Do you know if there is any way around this on the online version?  I am having the same issue, however, it looks like Forms view is only available in the full CD/Download version.

druya

I'm experiencing the same thing on the online version. Can't figure it out, going bananas.

druya

how do you access this section on the online version? I can't seem to find anything to resolve this error.

Sorry, no experience with online version.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies