turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am being asked a question about form 3514, and I have no idea what the form is. I looked it up and it doesn’t even apply to me. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies
DeanM15
Expert Alumni

I am being asked a question about form 3514, and I have no idea what the form is. I looked it up and it doesn’t even apply to me. What do I do?

If you are certain that Form 3514 does not belong on your return, you can delete it.

You should be signed in and working in TurboTax:

•  In the left-hand black menu, choose Tools.
  •  Click on Delete a Form from the window that pops up.
  •  You should now see the Review Form List. Scroll down the list and click Delete on Form 3514.
  • You may get a pop up telling you additional worksheets and forms are being deleted. Approve and click delete.
  • You should come back to the Review Form List. Scroll to the bottom and click Continue with My Return.

For more information, click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I do not see a Tools box in the left-hand menu.  Can you be more specific

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Which version of TurboTax are you using?  

@erastusharrison

I have the same issue.... and I do not see the form 3514 on the list of forms when I go to try to delete it.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

The Form 3514 is California Earned Income Tax Credit- it will be under the state forms.  California has some differences from the federal Earned Income Credit, so if you qualify you may have to answer additional questions.  See 2019 Instructions for Form FTB 3514.

@jfitzgerald

I have the same issue, but there's no form 3514 to delete. Can you please help us?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@daning

First, are you a California resident? 

Second, how you delete forms varies according to whether you are using the Online product or the CD/download version of the software.

Please see the following:

*** Desktop***

1. go to View (at the top), choose Forms, and select the desired form. Note the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.

*** Online ***

1. go to Tax Tools (on the left), and navigate to Tools->Delete a form

2. delete form(s) 3514 down at the bottom of the list where the California forms are.

3. continue with your return.

Please let us know if this helps...

Shoot157

I am using the desktop version and even after deleting form 3514, it doesn't stay deleted when I go to review it. After going to the forms tab I select form 3514 (which has an exclamation point next to it), click 'delete form' then I click yes I am sure. Then I saved and went back to the review and the form is incomplete again. Is there something I am doing wrong?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@Shoot157

This sounds like you have something in your California input that is triggering the form.

Please open your return in TurboTax and navigate to the California interview. Proceed to the screen headed by "Take a look at California credits and taxes". Scroll down to "California Earned Income Credit under Personal, Home and family credits.

Click on Update (I assume that you have already been in this section), and delete or zero out any entries you made here...then go delete form 3514, and see if it stays deleted.

Byh
Level 1

I have the same issue. I tried going back and looking at the California earned income credit and there was no option to zero it out. There is also no form 3514 to delete. Please help.

ddabandan

I am having the same issue. I am not able to find From 3514 to delete.

I tried your steps. When I clicked California Earned Income tax credit - update, it does not open the form. This is what it says: 

It looks like you don't qualify for the California Earned Income Tax Credit

When I review the CA return - it is asking for a business code from the federal return. Where do I get the business code?

Thanks.

Ramellan
Returning Member

There's no Tax Tools button on the website, have you ever used your own product?

The left side says:

Turbotax

Tax Home

Documents

Intuit Account

Sign Out

Ramellan
Returning Member

Even if you do find it and delete it, it just comes back.

SamS1
Expert Alumni

If you have not paid for your return, delete the CA return then re-add it and start over.  Form 3514, is CA earned income tax credit.  For taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2020, California expanded Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC) eligibility to allow either the federal Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) or the Social Security Number (SSN) to be used by all eligible individuals, their spouses, and qualifying children.  If an ITIN is used, then identifying documents may need to be provided the the Franchise Tax Board.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies