turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am an 18 year old male that was informed about the 2020 stimulus check that will be sent out to families that are making below $75,000 a year? Who would I contact to get more information about recei

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I am an 18 year old male that was informed about the 2020 stimulus check that will be sent out to families that are making below $75,000 a year? Who would I contact to get more information about recei

Who is eligible for the economic impact payment?

Tax filers with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 for individuals and up to $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns will receive the full payment. For filers with income above those amounts, the payment amount is reduced by $5 for each $100 above the $75,000/$150,000 thresholds. Single filers with income exceeding $99,000 and $198,000 for joint filers with no children are not eligible. Social Security recipients and railroad retirees who are otherwise not required to file a tax return are also eligible and will not be required to file a return. 

Eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns for either 2019 or 2018 will automatically receive an economic impact payment of up to $1,200 for individuals or $2,400 for married couples and up to $500 for each qualifying child.

It is not available to persons claimed as a dependent.

IRS

TurboTax

@isaacbuentello_1

are you a student? if yes, then there is no stimulus check eligibility.

are you a dependent of your parents? if yes,  then there is no stimulus check eligibility. 

otherwise, you would be eligible. As long as you filed taxes in 2018 or 2019 and indicated you are not a dependent of someone else, you are good to go. 

there is a twist: if you were a student or a dependent in 2019 but NOT in 2020, then it'll work itself out when you file your 2020 tax return next year. 

visit www.irs.gov

There in big letters it will say, "DON"T CALL" about this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies