turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mitsuohf

I am AD military, I got married on 19 Jun 20, I have to submit a W-7 to the IRS for my wife to get a ITIN, for stimulus I got 1200 and 600, do I qualify for more?

The original payments I received were because I was single, but now I am married.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PattiF
Expert Alumni

I am AD military, I got married on 19 Jun 20, I have to submit a W-7 to the IRS for my wife to get a ITIN, for stimulus I got 1200 and 600, do I qualify for more?

No, you do not qualify for additional stimulus payments. Generally, if you are a U.S. Citizen or U.S. resident alien, you will receive a payment. If you wife is waiting to receive her ITIN, she is not eligible at this time.

Economic Impact Payment eligibility

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mitsuohf

Recently read a blog about exemptions for US Military.

https://www.eitcoutreach.org/blog/are-immigrants-eligible-for-the-stimulus-check/

Apparently I can still claim for my wife, because I am currently serving.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately for the stimulus the IRS is using your status in 2019. You are correct that-

Active Military: If either spouse is an active member of the U.S. Armed Forces at any time during the taxable year, only one spouse needs to have a valid SSN for the couple to receive up to $1,200 for themselves. 

@mitsuohf

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies