turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I indicate my 1099- R distribution was COVID related? shouldn't be charged the 10% penalty.

turbo tax says it isn't updated yet?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

How do I indicate my 1099- R distribution was COVID related? shouldn't be charged the 10% penalty.

If your retirement plan distribution was COVID related, you will not be assessed the 10% penalty.  You will make that election on Form 8915-E, when it is ready.  It is still in "Draft" mode at the IRS.  Soon after the IRS releases the Form, TurboTax will incorporate it into our software.  Until then, we will just have to wait on the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Any idea of when is the IRS planning to release that form? and how long would it take for Turbo Tax to have it ready? Thank you

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS just released the form and TurboTax is in the process of updating the program to include all of the calculations. 

Please see the link below to sign up for updates on the release of the form in TurboTax.  You will then be notified when the form is ready so you can continue to complete your income tax return.

Form 8915-E release date

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies