turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get TurboTax to use the Form 8962 Line 11 Annual Calc instead of Monthly Calc after inputting 1095A? Difference is costing me $40. (Mid-year plan change)

I retired mid-year and switched plans, which resulted in a change in monthly premiums.  I calculated my Premium Tax Credit as an annual number based on my annual AGI.  TurboTax uses the monthly calculation, which means that months where my premium was higher will only get the average monthly credit.  If I could reconcile using the Annual Calc, then I would get more $$$ back.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

How can I get TurboTax to use the Form 8962 Line 11 Annual Calc instead of Monthly Calc after inputting 1095A? Difference is costing me $40. (Mid-year plan change)

You are correct, the annual AGI is used in calculating Form 8962, not the monthly amount.

Click this link for more info on How to Reconcile your Premium Tax Credit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for your response, but it didn't really address my question.  Yes, on Form 8962 Part 1 the Annual API is used.  My concern is with Part 2.  TurboTax used the Monthly Calculation from Lines 12-23.  I would like to use Line 11 = Annual Calculation instead, but I don't see how I can get TurboTax to use this calculation instead.  (It's a $40 difference for me.)

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

The calculation for Form 8962 can't be changed in TurboTax, sorry.

If you used the Desktop version, you can enter amounts directly on the form, but changing the calculation may cause an error and prevent efiling.

This link on Form 8962 may help you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies