Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

noah5500

For the question "Did you acquire, sell, or exchange any virtual currency in 2020?" I selected yes but nothing else came up about it later, is that ok?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

For the question "Did you acquire, sell, or exchange any virtual currency in 2020?" I selected yes but nothing else came up about it later, is that ok?

That's it.

IRS is making a list and will be checking it twice, in the future.

Depending on how your sales/gains/losses were reported, you must enter them on the Wages& Income page.

BUT, if using the "Online" software, you will have to upgrade to Premier to make those entries.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

On the same boat here; I had bitcoin for years in my Coinbase account and ended up selling it at a loss later in 2020 (before it went up massively), however there is no tax form in my coinbase account nor they have my SSN, and the sale price was less than $300, do I need to answer "Yes" to that question above and I do not get the next page either when selecting "Yes".

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes, answer Yes to the question: Did you acquire, sell, or exchange any virtual currency in 2020? It sounds like you may need to upgrade to Premier.

@als2020

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies