turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal Smart Check shows error on 1099-R entry for box 9a not being between the prescribed upper and lower limits. Value is blank in the 1099-R, and shown as 0 in TurboTax. Do I just ignore?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

Federal Smart Check shows error on 1099-R entry for box 9a not being between the prescribed upper and lower limits. Value is blank in the 1099-R, and shown as 0 in TurboTax. Do I just ignore?

Leave box 9a blank in TurboTax; delete the zero.  Some payers mistakenly put a zero in box 9a when the form is imported from the payer rather than being entered manually.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

Leave box 9a blank in TurboTax; delete the zero.  Some payers mistakenly put a zero in box 9a when the form is imported from the payer rather than being entered manually.

That was is exactly! I imported the information and the import put a 0.00 in that box, which apparently TurboTax didn't like, thus flagging the error. I deleted the 0.00 entry and left box 9a blank, and TurboTax was then happy, as am I. Thanks!

That did the fix.  Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies