turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

change tax return

How do I change my turbo tax small business tax return to a 1040 tax return

2 Replies

change tax return

I think I will need to ask a few questions first:

How are you filing a return in the past?  Are you filing as a 1120 or 1065?  If you have been filing a return like these, then you would be getting a K1 that you would add to your 1040.  If you would like to just file on a 1040 using the Schedule C (self employment)then you would have to end your designation as a S Corp, C Corp or Partnership and file a final return for that entity.  You would then use Schedule C that flows to the 1040.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Katie S.

Katherine S 63

change tax return

Not sure what you mean?  Are you in the Self Employed version?   Do you want to downgrade to a lower version? Or did you buy the Desktop Business program?


All the Online versions only do the 1040 return even the Self Employed version.   You can try to downgrade but you have to clear and start over


message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies