turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I used the "Stash" app to invest, and now am trying to file my 1099-B. Is there a way to import it, or must I try and figure out what to put where myself?

I am right now trying to enter in my 1099-B from "Stash" and am trying to enter it in, however there is a lot to enter and I do not know what is needed to be entered in. Is there a way to import it or at least help me figure out what is needed more clearly so I do not have to figure it all out step by step on my own?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the "Stash" app to invest, and now am trying to file my 1099-B. Is there a way to import it, or must I try and figure out what to put where myself?

Stash is not on the list of institutions or services that have files that can be imported into TT. 

you'll need to download the file(s).   however, you don't need to enter each transaction.  you can enter summary totals for each line on 1099-b worksheet.  then you can either 

mail your return with a print out of the downloaded file(s)

or complete form 8453 and e-file.

mail Form 8453 to the IRS  with the printout within 3 business days after

you have received acknowledgement from your

intermediate service provider and/or transmitter that the

IRS has accepted your electronically filed tax return. If

you don’t receive an acknowledgement, you must contact

your intermediate service provider and/or transmitter.

Mail Form 8453 to:

Internal Revenue Service

Attn: Shipping and Receiving, 0254

Receipt and Control Branch

Austin, TX 73344-0254

make sure box 8949 is check on the form.  

The Stash 1099s are issued by Apex Clearing. I can log into Apex but the import is not working. Please advise

My issue comes to the 1f and 1g sections. Some are all $0.00 while some have a value, and I don't know what to enter for those areas and would like to not end up messing this all up.

Apex clearing, the account number on the tax 1099 as user name and your social security or tax payer Id number for the password. It worked for me.

Thank you, worked for me as well!

candican3

Awesome, it worked! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

You CAN import all your tax information into TurboTax from Stash. Review the tax documents provided by Stash. The easiest way to do this is through the Stash app under Settings>Statements and Documents>Tax Documents. Copy or screenshot your account number and type of tax document (is: 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc...) at the top of pg. 1. In TurboTax, select the financial section that corresponds to your 1099 type. After two self explanatory questions, you’ll be asked to enter your financial institute into the

search field. Type “Apex” and select Apex Clearing. Under  Apex Username type 10- and the Stash account number located at the top of your 1099  proved by Stash. The Password will be your SS#.

If unsuccessful, you’ve likely selected the incorrect entry screen.   Don’t get frustrated, I failed multiple times until realizing TurboTax has various tabs  where  importing is possible. If unsuccessful after multiple attempts, enter your 1099 “type” in the search field and TurboTax will direct you to the appropriate section.    

Perfect, it worked..thanks man. Putting 10- before stash user account. Who would tell that.. Stash should, but didn't!!!.

gregsaeed

worked for me too. many thanks 

njsch59

This does not appear to work. I have tried the account number with and without the 10- and also the SS# with and without dashes......none of them work. Have they made changes for this year? I am amazed that Stash does not provide any communication on this topic. It makes me want to dump them altogether.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@njsch59 Click this link for info on How to Enter 1099-B if the instructions to import your 1099-B from Stash are unsuccessful. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Replying to you post in case it helps anyone filing their taxes in 2021

You can upload it from Stash via Apex Clearing.

Go tohttps://public-apps.apexclearing.com/session/#/login  

Sign up as a new user using your account # from your Stash tax form and type in all your info.

Then go back on TurboTax and select Apex Clearing from there.

You can upload it from Stash via Apex Clearing.

Go tohttps://public-apps.apexclearing.com/session/#/login  

Sign up as a new user using your account # from your Stash tax form and type in all your info.

Then go back on TurboTax and select Apex Clearing from there.

OGAR

It works, thanks a lot....

(Type “Apex” and select Apex Clearing. Under  Apex Username type 10- and the Stash account number located at the top of your 1099  proved by Stash. The Password will be your SS#.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies