Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

grantkille5211
Returning Member

1099R Data Entry Question

Both my wife and I have withdr4awals from our individual IRA accounts during 2021. My wife was not yet 70 1/2 during 2021. I was 75 during 2021. I entered my 1099R data into TurboTax, answered all questions, etc.  My withdrawal was in line with my RMD. I then selected my wife's name, then entered her info. However, TurboTax only saved her info, not mine. I tried again. After re-entering mine and saving it, the tax form showed my info as saved. When I then entered her data, it again overlayed my data. Why won't the system let me enter the two 1099R forms?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
grantkille5211
Returning Member

Please ignore this question. I have discovered my error. Thank you!

What was the error?  It may help someone else.   Ive seen other questions saying that happens.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

It sounds like you may have forgotten to mark T or S, is that what the error was?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
grantkille5211
Returning Member

No, I just kept going back and changing the name, so all the new data overlayed the old. I simply needed to go back to the beginning and add a new form 1099R. Duh!!

FYI - IMPORTANT

You probably should go back and check all your 1099R.  If you edit or review a 1099R it does not keep your answers from before but resets them to the defaults. Then you have to go through and answer them all again.   So be sure to go all the way to the end of the 1099R section.  They are right unless you go back.

rschlote
Returning Member

I have re-entered all of the data.  And it is still screwed up.  

grantkille5211
Returning Member

If you are entering 1099s for two people, after you complete the first one, step through all of the questions that follow. Go back to the summary page showing all of the deductions and open a new page for a new 1099. Basically you are starting over for the second person as a brand new form. If you don't do all the entry work and confirmations for the first person, all of your data for the second person will overlay the first one. That was my mistake 

rschlote
Returning Member

No.  I have had Premier for many years but have not had this before. 

It makes a difference on my state taxes.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

I have not been able to duplicate the error you are seeing in TurboTax Online Premiere.  Would you clarify the specific 1099 forms you are entering to include if it is 1099R, whether they are CSA or CSF or RRB for example.  

Be sure as others have posted that you are completing all the interview questions for each 1099 entered before "Adding" another.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies