turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does turbotax know that a 457 Catch-up contribution increases the maximum to $37,000?

I am 64 years old and entitled to contribute accrued vacation leave to my 457 plan under its catch-up provision. This means I can contribute $37,000, as reflected on my W-2. But turbotax won't let me efile because it says the $37,000 amount listed on my W-2 exceeds the $24,500 maximum. This is error. How can I get turbotax to recognize its error so I can efile?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Does turbotax know that a 457 Catch-up contribution increases the maximum to $37,000?

I also have the same issue.  I await an answer.

I have the same issue - waiting for an answer as well.  

Since the error is just saying the W-2 information is wrong and doesn't affect anything in the return, will TurboTax go ahead let me file?
gmcmah

Ran into the same problem today, it keeps erroring and not letting me file...
gmcmah

As you can see from there answer, and 3 hours on hold last night... TurboTax will NOT fix there program-- This makes me question whether to buy it next year...

TurboTax can now post an answer to how to get my money back.  I paid to e-file my taxes, and this is unacceptable.

The link that sweetie jean posted in every question regarding this issue does not work.  So, I still need to know if Turbo tax bothered to fix this issue!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies