Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Program doesn't allow me to enter SSA-1099 data

I'm showing data for last year but this year when I click on "update" it takes me to the page for input but won't allow any numbers to be put in.  I called support but she wasn't very helpful other than reinstall.  I've done that as well as rebooted my computer but still can't enter any data.  HELP!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Have you updated your TurboTax Desktop program?  Are you having issues in any other areas of the program?  

If you've updated, and you have also re-installed the program, you do have the option to enter your 1099-SSA directly onto the form. 

Click on FORMS in the upper right, then in the left-side column (under Forms in My Return) , scroll down to 'Social Sec' and type directly on the form.

Here's more info on How to Enter Social Security Benefits (SSA-1099)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Have you updated your TurboTax Desktop program?  Are you having issues in any other areas of the program?  

If you've updated, and you have also re-installed the program, you do have the option to enter your 1099-SSA directly onto the form. 

Click on FORMS in the upper right, then in the left-side column (under Forms in My Return) , scroll down to 'Social Sec' and type directly on the form.

Here's more info on How to Enter Social Security Benefits (SSA-1099)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The program was updated and reinstalled as well.  I've tried to put the numbers in manually but it won't accept any number.  Just stays the same.  The agent I spoke to didn't understand why it wasn't working but didn't help other than to reinstall, which I did.

@helmanenterprise 

You might have a Supporting Details (SD) worksheet attached to some/all of those fields.

Double-click on each field to see if an SD sheet is attached.  The SD sheet would have been used last year, and transferred to this year...empty...but SD sheet still in there.

IF an SD sheet pops up, you can delete it and it's gone (big red "X" at the top of the worksheet). Once deleted, you get normal access to the regular entry field again. 

Unless, of course, you decide you still need to use the SD sheet, but you have to remember it's there for next year.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies