Please clarify confusion as the requirement to file an 8606T when I made no non deductible IRA contribution?

Was advised I cannot e file my return until an 8606T form is made available on February 15?

I received an RMD from my IRA account in December.  Am I required to fill out an 8606T for the 2017 return?  If so was the 8606 form modified?

Am somewhat confused as I thought no 8606 was required in years when you do not make a non-deductible IRA contribution? 

Thanks for your help

The 8606 is automatically created when:

1) You make a new non-deductible Traditional IRA contribution.

2) You take a distribution from a IRA that has a after-tax "basis".

3) You make a conversion of a retirement account to a Roth IRA

The 8606 is currently estimated for 2/15/18 but that is subject to change. The IRS just published the paper/PDF 2017 version of the 8606 on Feb 2 and still have not issued the 2017 8606 instructions.

The IRS still must issue the e-file specifications (schema) for the form so e-file providers can program to the IRS specifications, then the IRS must approve TurboTax's version to be sure what TurboTax transmits, the IRS can read, it usual takes 2-3 weeks after that for the e-file version of the final electronic form version to be approved.

I received the same message and unsure why because none of the reasons for the form listed apply to me.  Please advise.

@benwesley - did you have a 1099-R or make a IRA contribution?

Go file on H&R Block. They’ve got the form uploaded and you can file right away!

Thanks then turbo tax can refund me!!

Tax act also has this form up and ready to use.  Only turbotax does not.

The 8606 is currently estimated for 2/15/18 but that is subject to change. The IRS just published the paper/PDF 2017 version of the 8606 on Feb 2 and only issued the 2017 8606 instructions on 2/7/18.

The next scheduled TurboTax update is on Feb 15.

The IRS only updated it's software on Feb 11 and says the 8606 will be available 2/15.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms">https://www.irs.gov...>

the link above says that the 8606 isn't available for free file fillable forms until 2/22/2018.
Form 8606

I deleted the 8606-T form and TT still won't let me file. why is this holding up my ability to file when it doesn't apply to me and I still deleted the form?

Still says form will be available 2/15 on turbo tax and it is not.  I'm DONE, I'm going to Tax act.

2/15 is not over.  Most updates are done at night.

If this form is not available tomorrow, I'm switching back to H&R Block

If the IRS isn't processing the 8606 yet, it will not matter who yiu file with.  The IRS currently gives a Feb 22 date for the 8606.

The 8606 is automatically created when:

This is a lie.  Tax Act has this form up and running as does H&R Block.  Only Turbo Tax is withholding it and making people wait to file.