Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sflorida

Please clarify confusion as the requirement to file an 8606T when I made no non deductible IRA contribution?

What part is a "lie"?  TT is taking longer because they take more time to check out their software. You shouldn't attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
cdesi19

Please clarify confusion as the requirement to file an 8606T when I made no non deductible IRA contribution?

The part where turbotax posts a message saying "it turns out the IRS is opening later then usual this year and some forms are not ready for processing.  This is a nationwide delay for all returns like yours, no matter who is processing them" - Again, H&R block is processing this form as well as Tax Act, and at this point it is not the IRS' fault, it is Turbotax for not entering the form in a timely manner like their competitors.

Agreed. Just did my return on Taxact and used form 8606

The IRS just updated its web site to say that the 8606 will not be processed until Feb 22.  

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms">https://www.irs.gov...>
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies