Solved: Pension W-4

TJ5211

Pension W-4

I'm applying for my retirement and trying to figure out the W-4 form they sent me. I'm also in the process of Social Security Disability Benefits and my wife is still working. Not sure what we should do on our W-4's.

ErnieS0

Pension W-4

Use our W-4 Withholding Calculator or the IRS Tax Withholding Estimator to help fill out your W-4s.

Generally, it’s a good idea to have some amount of tax withheld from a pension (and possibly Social Security) to avoid a big tax bill plus interest and penalties for underpaying tax.

Pensions are taxable and Social Security benefits are partly taxable if one-half of your benefits, plus (2) all of your other income, including tax-exempt interest, is greater than $32,000 if married filing joint.

ErnieS0

Pension W-4

TJ5211

Pension W-4

Thanks, It seemed like the one from the IRS site worked best for my situation.