turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tc333
Returning Member

For NJ tax, TT asked questions on the pension, IRA, etc. Once I responded and went to the next set, I cannot go back to change my answers anymore. Please help

It seems that that set of questions are gone, even after I restarted the NJ tax cycle. How can I enable TT going back to those retirement questions? I want to change my answers. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For NJ tax, TT asked questions on the pension, IRA, etc. Once I responded and went to the next set, I cannot go back to change my answers anymore. Please help

Try starting the state over ... 

To delete your state return on your TurboTax CD, please complete the following steps: 

1.    Open your return in TurboTax.

2.    Switch to Forms Mode by clicking the Forms icon in the upper right corner of your screen.

3.    From the File menu, choose Remove State Return.

4.    Select the state return you want to delete, and then click Remove. Click Yes to confirm.

5.    To start over with your state return, click the Step-by-Step icon in the upper right corner, and then click the State Taxes tab to get back to the state section.

NOTE: Clearing the info in your state return does not remove your TurboTax state software. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Try starting the state over ... 

To delete your state return on your TurboTax CD, please complete the following steps: 

1.    Open your return in TurboTax.

2.    Switch to Forms Mode by clicking the Forms icon in the upper right corner of your screen.

3.    From the File menu, choose Remove State Return.

4.    Select the state return you want to delete, and then click Remove. Click Yes to confirm.

5.    To start over with your state return, click the Step-by-Step icon in the upper right corner, and then click the State Taxes tab to get back to the state section.

NOTE: Clearing the info in your state return does not remove your TurboTax state software. 

tc333
Returning Member

Thanks! Any more convenient option to let me go back to those retirement questions w/o the dramatic deleting the entire state return?

Nope ... the only other option is to review all the entries in the federal tab where you entered the 1099-R to begin with ... and then again in the state interview starting from the beginning ... starting over from scratch may be easier.
tc333
Returning Member

Ok.  Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies