The Forms 1099-R are usually not released by the administrators of retirement accounts until sometime in January.
.......for the state pension, one of the followup questions after the main form, will be a state-specific asking about the "source" of that pension depending on what state you indicated you lived in. (exception is the PA software, where they don't ask for the source of the pension until you get into the state software section....normally, it's right up with with the 1099-R entry)
Enter the 1099-R for the distribution then complete the follow up screens to determine the taxable portion using the safe harbor method will be completed automatically.
To enter a form 1099-R
· Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
· Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
· Click on I'll choose what I work on
· Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
· On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button