Solved: My sole income is SSD & SSA, my income for the year is less than $20,000.00. Question, do I need to file federal taxes at all?

My sole income is SSD & SSA, my income for the year is less than $20,000.00. Question, do I need to file federal taxes at all?

If your only income for the year is from Social Security benefits then there is no need to file a tax return.

Unless they take any tax withholding out.  Then you can file to get a refund of the withholding.  Or if you are married and your spouse has income then you do need to include the Social Security even if the spouse files Married filing Separate.  

Thank you for your answer. I'm not married. I never had any tax withholding.