Solved: My sole income is SSD & SSA, my income for the year is less than $20,000.00. Question, do I need to file federal taxes at all?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

My sole income is SSD & SSA, my income for the year is less than $20,000.00. Question, do I need to file federal taxes at all?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

My sole income is SSD & SSA, my income for the year is less than $20,000.00. Question, do I need to file federal taxes at all?

If your only income for the year is from Social Security benefits then there is no need to file a tax return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

If your only income for the year is from Social Security benefits then there is no need to file a tax return.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 15

Unless they take any tax withholding out.  Then you can file to get a refund of the withholding.  Or if you are married and your spouse has income then you do need to include the Social Security even if the spouse files Married filing Separate.  
Highlighted
Level 1

Thank you for your answer. I'm not married. I never had any tax withholding.
v
Privacy Settings