I am retired. I have two residences in different states. If I changed my drivers license from one state to the other state does that change my residency for tax purposes?

Many states have residency rules that require more than 183 days in the state to be classified as a resident.  Some states, such as California, say that if you are in the state for other than a temporary purpose, you are a resident. Some states define a resident as a person who has a domicile in the state.   Changing your driver’s license would not have a major impact on your residency status.