Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It says I have to fill out a "Form 2210: IRS to Figure Penalty Box" or wait for an update in Early February. When is that update expected?

I understand the frustration. I was upset too until it worked. I, however, didn't re-enter anything. My extended family's returns are simple. Ours is anything but. None of us re-entered any information though. Just logged on this morning and hit review and it finally worked and didn't give us the form error saying we had to either wait on the update or check the box. I hope it works for you as well very soon. 

It says I have to fill out a "Form 2210: IRS to Figure Penalty Box" or wait for an update in Early February. When is that update expected?

Hi, I am glad it worked for you; however, in my case, this time I received a message stating that I have to wait for an email from turbotax. I will wait until tomorrow and see what happens with this nonsense.
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Use the search box to search for penalty and then use the Jump to penalty link to return to the penalty questions and options.   The form has already been updated in the Online versions, but they are working on updating the desktop versions now.   Until your version is updated sometime this evening or tomorrow, you will only have to option to ''Let the IRS figure the penalty''.   But as soon as the update goes through, you will be able to include the penalty and form with your tax return.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ah. That's the difference. You're using the online version. I use the Mac version.

I'll keep updating every day, I guess, hoping for Intuit to get its job done promptly!

rogowske

When will be form available to file ?

as of this morning  02/26/21 not available yet 

The update worked! However, my tax return and state were rejected (five times) due to a "schedule F" error. I don't have a farm, and I did not explore this option as it does not apply to my tax situation.

I looked for this schedule F, which turned out not to be part of my tax return because it is not listed.

I am really upset now, and I think is time to try the competitors' software.

Intuit what is going on here? I have used turbotax for several year.

sope
Level 2

Yes, the update worked. Thank you!

I'm using Turbotax Home and Business 2022.  I notice on the Smart Check, on Form 2210: Underpayment of Estimated Tax, it's forcing me to checkbox IRS to Figure Penalty Box.

Is this the same issue as before that I need to wait until second week of Feb for Turbotax to get updated?

I know that I have to pay some penalty.  Why can't Turbotax calculate it for me?

Thanks,

Charles

The lookup app says form 2210 will be ready on Jan 26 .  So not too long.  Update your program on Thursday or later.

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product... 

And Turbo Tax doesn't calculate the actual penalty.  It is just an estimate.  So you might get a bill for more from the IRS.  Since you have the Desktop program you can check a box to let the IRS figure it for you.  That's what I do.  

If you have the desktop program you can switch to Forms Mode (click forms in the upper right (left for Mac)) and open the 2210 form. If the 2210 doesn't show up in the left column, click on Open Forms at the top of the left column. Type 2210 in the search box and open the 2210 form. Check box C to let the IRS calculate it.

I have Home & Business for Windows.  You can switch to Forms mode and open the 2210 even if it's not ready yet (it will say DO NOT FILE).  Click on Open Form and type in 2210.  

2210.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies