Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is a nonqualified deferred compensation distribution a nonqualified 'pension' plan?

I have a W-2 Wage and Tax Statement that has an amount in box 11 ( Nonqualified Plan).  No amounts in boxes 3,4,5,or 6.There is a question on Turbotax if this amount is a distribution from a Nonqualified 'Pension' plan.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

Is a nonqualified deferred compensation distribution a nonqualified 'pension' plan?

Yes, the amount reported in Box 11 Form W-2 is a distribution from a Nonqualified 'pension' plan.

Box 11 is used to report amounts distributed to you from your employer's non-qualified deferred compensation plan this amount is taxable.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

Yes, the amount reported in Box 11 Form W-2 is a distribution from a Nonqualified 'pension' plan.

Box 11 is used to report amounts distributed to you from your employer's non-qualified deferred compensation plan this amount is taxable.

sclma

Ok, but how do you set that up in QB to process and report properly?

QB is for business use  and not for personal income record keeping. 

Are you preparing a W2 to give to your employee?

sclma

Yes I am.  However, I do not see in QB Desktop how to create a pay item so that it will populate the W2 correctly.  We are taking into account the special timing rule to pay the FICA taxes all in 2021.

sclma

Critter-3.  I am using it for business purposes.  

OK ... so you are using QB to complete Business filings for payroll  then you need to talk to QB  and  not post on the TT forum.     https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/us-quickbooks-community/misc/03/community-us

sclma

thanks for that information.  When I was doing as search - TT is the only thing that popped up that even addressed the issue.

Use the QB program help option to see what to do in the QB program and/or contact QB support. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies