Solved: In Whose care did you pay for, the parent name I entered as a dependent does not appear in the drop down.

In Whose care did you pay for, the parent name I entered as a dependent does not appear in the drop down.

If I add another dependent at this point, it then shows my parent as two dependents

You would have to list your parent as disabled in order for the name to drop down for the Dependent Care Credit.

The person receiving the care must be under the age of 13 or qualified as mentally or physically disabled.
 Also, the person receiving the care must have lived with you for more than six months of the tax year while living in the United States, Canada or Mexico.