Employee Tax Expert

Retirement tax questions

You would have to list your parent as disabled in order for the name to drop down for the Dependent Care Credit.

The person receiving the care must be under the age of 13 or qualified as mentally or physically disabled.
 Also, the person receiving the care must have lived with you for more than six months of the tax year while living in the United States, Canada or Mexico.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post