Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I Rolled an employer's Traditional IRA into another Traditional IRA at my bank. Not sure if TT is properly processing the NON-Taxable, (1099R, Line 7 G) Disbursement.

Again, this is a 1099R Disbursement from a former employer. The money was transferred directly to Wells Fargo as non-taxable. I admit the new tax format has thrown me a bit;)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I Rolled an employer's Traditional IRA into another Traditional IRA at my bank. Not sure if TT is properly processing the NON-Taxable, (1099R, Line 7 G) Disbursement.

In the first place you didn't have a IRA at the employer.  It was a 401k.  Code G is a direct transfer and not taxable.  It should show up on 1040 line 4a and zero taxable on 4b and should say ROLLOVER by it.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

In the first place you didn't have a IRA at the employer.  It was a 401k.  Code G is a direct transfer and not taxable.  It should show up on 1040 line 4a and zero taxable on 4b and should say ROLLOVER by it.  

Thanks for verifying. I worked it out long-form, and came to that conclusion. Confusion came from first using Credit Karma with a completely different, miles apart, result. They argued with me that it should flow to the taxable 4b box. I've spent a lot of time second-guessing myself. Even gave them the example of the old tax forms having the amounts flow to 14a and 14b. Oh well.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies