rsingletary07-gm

In January 2020, I contributed $12k to a Roth IRA with Fidelity. Days later, I withdrew and sent to Vanguard. Received a 1099-R from Fidelity for full $12k. Please help!

Vanguard is able to recharacterize the $6k for 2020 to an indirect rollover. However, they say it's too late to do the same for the 2019 contribution. A tax advisor said the TurboTax software might be able to handle communicating this issue to the IRS.

ColeenD3

If you reinvested via rollover into the same type of account within 60 days, TurboTax will show you how to exclude the amount from income.

ColeenD3