If you took money from your retirement fund and put it into an IRA, within 60 days, this is considered a rollover, so no, you do not have to enter it in the Traditional IRA contributions area. See how to enter a rollover below.
To enter your 2016 1099-R rollover:
- Type 1099-r in the search box and click search.
- Click on Jump to 1099-r.
- At the choose your bank or brokerage screen, click on I'll type it in myself.
- Enter your 1099-R form exactly as shown. If the form has Box 7 with code G, Rollover, TurboTax will automatically enter it as a Rollover on your income tax form.
- If you form does not have Box 7 with code G, Rollover, on the What Did You Do With The Money From This Payer? screen, click on I moved the money.... and I rolled over all of the money...
- Continue with the onscreen interview.
See the screenshot below.