TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
27 people found this useful

Where do I enter an IRA rollover?

You should get a Form 1099-R from your IRA custodian which reports the rollover. To enter the information, follow these steps:

  1. Type “1099-R” in the Search box.
  2. Select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Enter the information from your 1099-R form and continue.
  4. At the What did you do with the money? screen, select I moved the money to another retirement account.
  5. From the drop-down list, select the rolled over option and continue.

If taxes were withheld in Box 4 of your form, they'll either be added to your refund or applied to your tax liability.