turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cmarti10

My 1099R was rolled over from one company to another company in which we with drew from. It is showing as income twice.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

My 1099R was rolled over from one company to another company in which we with drew from. It is showing as income twice.

If the code in box 7 did not already indicate that it was a rollover then you can answer questions in TurboTax that it was a rollover. 

1. After you entered the information from your 1099-R click "continue
  2. Answer questions until you get to “What Did You Do With The Money” and choose “I moved it to another retirement account
  3. Then choose “I rolled over all of this money

You can verify on Form 1040 line 4b (taxable amount) that the amount was excluded from taxable income.

Please be aware that TurboTax shows the whole amount in the Gross Income on the Income summary but you will need to look at Form 1040 line 4b to see what was actual taxable. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you are looking at a summary screen or review screen those show the full amount as income and lump a lot of stuff together. You need to check the actual 1040 and make sure it’s right.   For 1099R check 1040 line 4b for any taxable amount.  If it was a rollover it should say ROLLOVER by it.
DanaB
Expert Alumni

If the code in box 7 did not already indicate that it was a rollover then you can answer questions in TurboTax that it was a rollover. 

1. After you entered the information from your 1099-R click "continue
  2. Answer questions until you get to “What Did You Do With The Money” and choose “I moved it to another retirement account
  3. Then choose “I rolled over all of this money

You can verify on Form 1040 line 4b (taxable amount) that the amount was excluded from taxable income.

Please be aware that TurboTax shows the whole amount in the Gross Income on the Income summary but you will need to look at Form 1040 line 4b to see what was actual taxable. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies