kmredferin

If I didn’t receive my 401k disbursement until January 2021, do I have to file it on taxes for 2020 or 2021?

I received an email saying that the disbursement processed in January 5th and we received it after that point. Just want to make sure I’m doing this the right way.
CatinaT1

If it was not processed until after the first of the year it is a 2021 transaction and will be reported on your 2021 return.  You should receive a 1099R from them next year to include on your return.

However, unless the law changes, distributions in 2021 are not eligible for special treatment under the CARES act.