If I bought bitcoin, and sent it to someone's wall...

melseoulwishes

If I bought bitcoin, and sent it to someone's wallet address to withdrawal, is it taxable?

Cashapp bitcoin
DawnC

Yes, if you spent it on goods or services, you have effectively exchange the bitcoin - and that is a taxable transaction.   The difference between the amount you paid for it and the amount you exchanged it for is the taxable gain or loss amount.   

Like property sales or the sale of stock, any gain or loss from the sale or trade of cryptocurrency is reported as a capital gain or loss. If you buy and sell it within 12 months, it’s treated as a short-term capital gain. If you hold it for over 12 months, it’s taxed at the lower, long-term, capital gain rates.    Here is how to enter the transaction.  

melseoulwishes

I did not sell or trade it. I sent it to someone's wallet so they can withdraw it themselves.