Solved: I was taxed on my social security income I am disabled I was told that it is not taxable yet when I entered that on my turbo tax it cost me now I have to pay additional T

I was taxed on my social security income I am disabled I was told that it is not taxable yet when I entered that on my turbo tax it cost me now I have to pay additional T

I was taxed on social security disability income I was told was not taxable why?

Your SSDI becomes partially taxable if your other income exceeds certain limits.  The limits are:

• $25,000 if you filed as single, head of household, or married filing separately and you and your spouse lived apart all year
  • $32,000 if you’re married filing jointly
  • $0 if you’re married filing separately, and you and your spouse lived together at all during the year.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

Incredibly helpful answer I must admit however its accurate context hurts me deeply.