turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was asked if I have received any stimulus checks yet, I put down 0. Will I be getting three checks? It didn't confirm that I will, it just went to the next question.

The online deluxe version didn't confirm or deny if I will receive any of the 3 stimulus checks.  My son did the free version and it confirmed that he will as he was doing them.  Thank you
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I was asked if I have received any stimulus checks yet, I put down 0. Will I be getting three checks? It didn't confirm that I will, it just went to the next question.

If you didn’t get your full first and second stimulus payments, you may be eligible to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return. This will show on line 30 of your Form 1040. If you qualify you will get the amount with your regular refund (the refund amount shown on line 34 and in TurboTax includes the Recovery rebate Credit amount).

To be eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit you need to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien in 2020 and have a Social Security number that is valid for employment.

You cannot be claimed as a dependent by someone else to be eligible. 

Your credit amount will be reduced if your 2020 adjusted gross income (AGI) is more than: 

• $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $112,500 if filing as head of household or
  • $75,000 for eligible individuals filing as a single or as married filing separately.  

Your payment will be reduced by 5% of the amount by which your AGI exceeds the applicable threshold above. (IRS FAQ Recovery Rebate Credit )

To claim the credit in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Log into TurboTax.
  2. After entering all your information click "Federal Review" at the top of your screen (or click "Search" and type "Stimulus" and follow the jump to link). 
  3. On the screen "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount" click "Continue".
  4. You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received.  If you did not receive a payment enter "0".
  5. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to get. 
  6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

The third stimulus payment is sent by the IRS. You can check IRS Get My Payment for details.

• If you have an adjusted gross income (AGI) under $75,000 ($150,000 married filing jointly), you will be eligible for the full $1,400 stimulus payment.  
  • Payments will begin to be reduced for individuals making $75,000 or above in AGI ($150,000 for married filing jointly.)
  • Once your AGI reaches $80,000 for individuals ($160,000 married filing jointly) you will be ineligible for a payment.

The third round of Economic Impact Payments (EIP3) will be based on the taxpayer's latest processed tax return from either 2020 or 2019. If the IRS has received and processed a taxpayer's 2020 return, the agency will instead make the calculation based on that return.

Please see How will the third stimulus impact me? for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kirK51

I do not get any of the stimulus checks can you tell me why

@kirK51 wrote:

I do not get any of the stimulus checks can you tell me why

If you were being claimed as a dependent you would not be eligible for stimulus payments 1 or 2.

If you were not a dependent then you should have completed a 2020 federal tax return, indicating you did NOT receive the payments.  On the federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30, you would have a Recovery Rebate Credit entered for the amount of stimulus payments you did not receive.  The Credit would be included in the 2020 federal tax refund or would reduce any federal taxes owed.

Did you file a 2020 tax return?   Were you a dependent on a 2019 or 2020 tax return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies