I uplinked my Merill-Lynch account. Subsequently I...

michaelpstark

I uplinked my Merill-Lynch account. Subsequently I receives more information from Merrill-lynch. Is that automatically uploaded to Turbotax?

DavidD66

No, that information will not automatically be updated in TurboTax. If you received a corrected 1099, you should delete the one that you have already imported, and re-import.  Be sure you delete the old one first.  Changes/corrections to investment reporting packages are very common due to the deadline and rush the brokers and those that provide them with information (e.g. mutual fund companies) are under to get the reports sent to taxpayers by the deadlines.

michaelpstark

How do you delete the old Merrill-lynch file? give me specific instructions. 

DavidD66

To delete your old Merrill Lynch imported information, you will need to go to each section (e.g. 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT) and delete.  For example, to delete imported 1099-B information, while logged in to your return:

• Click on Search
  • Type in "Form 1099-B" and hit Enter
  • Click on "Jump to 1099-b"
  • On the "Your investment sales summary" page, locate Merrill Lynch and click on the "trash can" icon next to "Review" or "Edit"
  • Confirm you want to delete

Repeat for 1099-DIV, 1099-INT