turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I uplinked my Merill-Lynch account. Subsequently I receives more information from Merrill-lynch. Is that automatically uploaded to Turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

I uplinked my Merill-Lynch account. Subsequently I receives more information from Merrill-lynch. Is that automatically uploaded to Turbotax?

No, that information will not automatically be updated in TurboTax. If you received a corrected 1099, you should delete the one that you have already imported, and re-import.  Be sure you delete the old one first.  Changes/corrections to investment reporting packages are very common due to the deadline and rush the brokers and those that provide them with information (e.g. mutual fund companies) are under to get the reports sent to taxpayers by the deadlines.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do you delete the old Merrill-lynch file? give me specific instructions. 

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

To delete your old Merrill Lynch imported information, you will need to go to each section (e.g. 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT) and delete.  For example, to delete imported 1099-B information, while logged in to your return:

• Click on Search
  • Type in "Form 1099-B" and hit Enter
  • Click on "Jump to 1099-b"
  • On the "Your investment sales summary" page, locate Merrill Lynch and click on the "trash can" icon next to "Review" or "Edit"
  • Confirm you want to delete

Repeat for 1099-DIV, 1099-INT 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies