Solved: I switched jobs in 2016 and was covered by an employer sponsored 401k plan before switching, the rest of the year I was not. I am capped in my IRA deduction because of my MAGI.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I switched jobs in 2016 and was covered by an employer sponsored 401k plan before switching, the rest of the year I was not. I am capped in my IRA deduction because of my MAGI.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I switched jobs in 2016 and was covered by an employer sponsored 401k plan before switching, the rest of the year I was not. I am capped in my IRA deduction because of my MAGI.

correct,

if you made contributions to anyone's 401k for even one day during 2016, then your deductible IRA contributions may be capped.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 15

correct,

if you made contributions to anyone's 401k for even one day during 2016, then your deductible IRA contributions may be capped.

View solution in original post

bummer..
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings