Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pbass1

I plan on filing my 2019 taxes with our accountant. We typically owe taxes however and the IRS does not have our direct deposit information. Do I register for stimulus?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I plan on filing my 2019 taxes with our accountant. We typically owe taxes however and the IRS does not have our direct deposit information. Do I register for stimulus?

Yes, you should register and enter your direct deposit information. To register, click here

To read more information about Covid-19, click here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I "click here", it just takes me to the page to finish filing my taxes. I have started filling in info to file with Turbo Tax. Do I have to actually go ahead and file in order to register for direct deposit for my stimulus?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

If you plan on filing with your Accountant, you will have filed your 2019 return and the IRS will use the banking information you record in your return.  if you have banking information in your return, the IRS will deposit to that account.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hal_Al
Level 15

It my understanding that the enter account info tool, for people like you (you always pay so the IRS doesn't have your account info) won't be available until April 17, at the soonest. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies