DN7934

I need to make a contribution to my IRA account with mine after-tax money (from Saving), how would you avoid pay tax again when you withdraw at retirement?

I've heard about form 8606 but not sure it will apply to my question.

You can put it in a ROTH IRA.  Or make a non deductible contribution to a Traditional IRA.  If you take a IRA Deduction for it on your tax return then it will be taxable when you take it out.  If you don't take a deduction you have a basis in your IRA.  You need to fill out the 8606 to keep track of your basis so when you take a distribution you don't pay tax on it again.