Bobtom78

I need to file a 1040 insteD of a 1099 what do i do now

Form 1040 is the tax return form everyone uses to report their income to the IRS -- it is your tax return form.  EVERYONE has to use it.  Your 1099 is a document used to show income---that income gets entered on the Form 1040. 

Please take a look at your Form 1040:

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

JulieS

If you use TurboTax online, you are filing a Form 1040. You can report that you received a 1099 form on your tax return, but you can't actually prepare a 1099 form in TurboTax.

If you need help reporting a 1099 form that you received in TurboTax, please respond with a specific question and we will help you.